Re: [webcomponents] Making the shadow root an Element

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 19:52:17 -0500
To: public-webapps@w3.org
On 2/11/13 6:49 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> I propose that we reify the shadow root into an element, but default
> it to "display: contents;"

Why does this part matter?

> <http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-display-3/#the-display-box> in the UA
> stylesheet. That way it has no layout effect by default

It has no layout by default anyway, since it's not present in the
flattened tree, no?

> Thoughts?

None on my end, but I heard Blake and Jonas and William wondering
exactly why this wasn't an Element to start with just last week.  That
was in the context of scripting and APIs being missing or duplicated,
not styling, but the situation is similar.

-Boris