Re: document.register and ES6

Sorry, I'm not quite following.

1. We cannot really extends anything else but
HTMLElement/HTMLUnknownElement.
2. We cannot return the correct function object from document.register.

I don't see why these are true?

(Btw note that my 'solution 3' removes the 'return a function from
register' and instead puts that into the intermediate function.)

Also, you and Dimtiri keep talking about polyfills, but I'm talking about
the *spec* first.

Are you saying that the spec for document.register will simply require ES6
and everything else we be some kind of hack? I guess I thought the idea was
to spec document.register such that it could be implemented by browser
vendors *before* class-syntax or JS inheritance for DOM was available. Am I
misunderstanding?