Re: document.register and ES6

From: Scott Miles <sjmiles@google.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2013 08:54:58 -0800
To: Erik Arvidsson <arv@chromium.org>
Cc: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>, daniel <daniel@mozilla.com>, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>, Dimitri Glazkov <dglazkov@google.com>
The idea is supposed to be that 1 and 3 are only stopgaps until we get
'what we want'. In the future when you can derive a DOM element directly,
both bits of extra code can fall away. Was that clear? Does it change
anything in your mind?

If we go with 2, I believe it means nobody will ever use a custom element
without having to load a helper library first to make the nasty syntax go
away, which seems less than ideal. I donno, I'm not 100% either way.

Scott