Re: Shadow DOM: events that are stopped

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2013 14:57:45 +0000
To: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Cc: WebApps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>
On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 2:27 PM, Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net> wrote:
> Such behavioral oddities would have to be exposed on the event objects
> anyway because authors would otherwise have a hard time debugging this,
> much like event objects expose whether they bubble. I assume the current
> list is only a band-aid for discussion.

To respond to your other point. Shadow DOM goes to some extent to hide
the original target of the event and that is a good thing. The DOM
should not be able to observe any shadow trees being present. Having
said that, if we go with my proposal of adding a flag to dispatch we
could indeed expose that on the event object as it would not affect
that principle. The shadow trees would still not be observable.

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/