Shadow DOM: events that are stopped

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2013 13:02:03 +0000
To: WebApps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>
Instead of having a fixed list of events that are stopped, maybe
instead we can pass a flag to the dispatch algorithm with respect to
whether or not the event being dispatched should exit the shadow
boundary it started in, if any. That way you can have your own private
event handling in the shadow tree and for components implemented by
the user agent they can implement certain user actions as private to
the shadow tree as well, but if I want I could still dispatch a
synthetic "scroll" event that goes through the boundary.

Thoughts?

Acknowledgments: Jonas Sicking.

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/