Re: Proposal: moving tests to GitHub

On Thu, 31 Jan 2013 18:13:15 +0100, Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>
wrote:
> However, AFAIK, currently, only one of WebApps' thirty active specs
> actually has an "outside" contribution.

I should've already left work, so I'll just reply to this sentence quickly
:-)

With that you mean Server Sent Events?  The /only/ webapps spec (that I
know of) that actually is at GitHub and not at w3c dvcs?  In that case we
have "outside" contributions on 100% of the tests on GitHub, and 0% on the
tests at w3c dvcs.

Although, I don't really know how to count TestTWF, but there's quite a
lot of webapps tests there as well.  Rebecca Hauck pushed them to dvcs a
while ago, although that was a good time after the event.  I'll hazard to
guess that if they could do the pull requests right there at the event
(like what happened for Server Sent Events), we might have a higher retain
rate.  Because I think it'd make people feel easier/more involved.
Speculation, but not totally unfounded :-)

Many other good points. I guess Robin, James, Tobie or someone else will
already have replied by tomorrow. :]
--
Odin Hørthe Omdal (Velmont/odinho) · Core, Opera Software, http://opera.com