Re: Keyboard events for accessible RIAs and Games

From: Florian Bösch <pyalot@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 21:38:47 +0100
To: Gary Kacmarcik (Кошмарчик) <garykac@chromium.org>
Cc: Webapps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>
On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 9:02 PM, Gary Kacmarcik (Кошмарчик) <
garykac@chromium.org> wrote:

> Yes, trying to match the current (virtual) keycap was not a direct goal,
> but adding the 'code' attribute makes it possible (when combined with the
> current layout) to calculate a keycap value.

I think that would probably be the most preferable solution. The code would
be stored (in presets, preferences etc.) and the keycap (primary unmodified
key display for a printable key) would be queried for a code whenever it's
necessary to display to a user. Let's set aside that consideration for a
numeric keycode (it's a minor concern anyway).