Re: Reading image bytes to a PNG in a typed array

Could this be solved in workers?

x) Create canvas, set to desired size
x) Create 2D context
x) Create imageData object
x) Create a WebGL framebuffer object
x) Attach texture as color target to framebuffer
x) read back pixels into canvas2d's imageData.data member
x) ctx.putImageData into the canvas

1) Set CanvasProxy (or whatever it's called) to the size you want
2) Draw Texture
3) call CanvasProxy's toDataURL('image/png')
4) Set the CanvasProxy back to the original size
5) snip off the mime/encoding header
6) implement base64 decode in JS and decode to Uint8Array

Less steps and it's now async as well.