Re: Proposal: moving tests to GitHub

From: James Graham <jgraham@opera.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2013 09:36:41 +0100
To: public-webapps@w3.org
On 01/24/2013 07:22 PM, Odin Hørthe Omdal wrote:
> Arthur Barstow wrote:
>> Before we start a CfC to change WebApps' agreed testing process
>> [Testing], please make a clear proposal regarding the submission
>> process, approval process, roles, etc. as is defined in [Testing] and
>> its references. (My preference is for you to document the new process,
>> expectations, etc. in WebApps' Public wiki, rooted at
>> <http://www.w3.org/wiki/Webapps/>).
>
> I've written (well, copied and changed) a document at:
>
>      http://www.w3.org/wiki/Webapps/Submitting_tests
>
> It might not have everything required right now, but I think it's a good
> start. :-)

FWIW that looks good to me. At risk of bikeshedding, I think that
calling a repo with tests for non-HTML specs "html-testsuite" is
confusing and will make the repository harder to find, especially since
the people who are aware that html is not a catch-all term are also the
people most likely to be writing tests. Some more generic name like
"web-platform-testsuite" seems better.