Re: Proposal: moving tests to GitHub

On 22/01/2013 13:27 , Odin Hørthe Omdal wrote:
> I'm not really sure if that is needed. If we can trust someone in one
> repository, why not in all?

I'd add to that: the odds are that if someone is screwing things up,
it's better to have more eyes on what they're doing.

> But what wins me over, is really the overhead question. Do anyone really
> want to manage lots of repositories?  And for what reason?  Also, we
> want more reviewers.  If I'm already added for CORS, I could help out
> for say XMLHttpRequest if there's a submission/pull request languishing
> there.

I think Odin makes convincing arguments. For me it's really the outreach
argument. Just one repo, carrying its one setup and one set of docs, can
easily be pitched as the One True Place to Save The Web. It's a lot
easier to explain at a conference or such: just go there, and patch stuff.

> Anyway, for my part, the how-to-split repository issue is not that
> important compared to having the tests at GitHub in the first place :-)

Agreed. But how about we start with just one repo and then split them
into several if it's a problem?