Re: Proposal: moving tests to GitHub

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 12:37:34 +0100
To: Tobie Langel <tobie@fb.com>
Cc: Odin Hørthe Omdal <odinho@opera.com>, "public-webapps@w3.org" <public-webapps@w3.org>
On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 12:30 PM, Tobie Langel <tobie@fb.com> wrote:
> That's definitely something to keep in mind. How frequent is it that a
> feature moves from one spec to another (that, is outside of the continuous
> flow of features that migrate from HTML5 to WebApps)?
>
> Is your concern about history loss?

My concern is 1) make work and 2) overhead of deciding what has to be
tested where. E.g. tests for the ProgressEvent interface test quite a
bit of IDL related requirements, where do they go? From a distance it
might all appear modular, but it really is all quite interconnected
and by creating artificial boundaries that interconnectedness might
not get testing.

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/