Re: [PointerLock] Should there be onpointerlockchange/onpointerlockerror properties defined in the spec

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2013 11:05:13 -0500
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
CC: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>, Vincent Scheib <scheib@google.com>, Tantek Çelik <tantek@cs.stanford.edu>, Webapps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>
> I'm not sure that
> though that all the splintering is useful long term as you lose track
> of what is going on.

This is actually a fairly serious concern, to be honest.  When I was
recently working on WebIDL bindings for document, I ended up with
http://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/file/b52c02f77cf5/dom/webidl/Document.webidl#l6
and even then I have no guarantees that I got them all (though I _did_
compare to out existing Gecko IDL for Document and seem to have gotten
everything that covers).

If I were implementing a UA from scratch, just based on specs and
without trying to reverse-engineer existing UAs, I would be pretty
screwed in terms of finding all the bits and interdepedencies, I suspect....

The problem is I'm not sure what a good solution to that problem is.  :(

-Boris