Re: CfC: LCWD of HTML Templates; deadline June 18

On 11/06/2013 17:59 , Anne van Kesteren wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 8:25 PM, Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com> wrote:
>> This is a Call for Consensus to publish a Last Call Working Draft of the
>> HTML Templates spec using the following document as the basis (it does not
>> yet use the LC template):
>>
>> <https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/webcomponents/raw-file/tip/spec/templates/index.html>
>
> There's an open bug on integrating this into HTML proper which will
> clearly happen. Why do we need to continue with this draft?

I agree with Anne. And since this group considered the feature stable
enough to go to LC I went ahead and imported <template> into HTML.

You can see the changes here:

https://github.com/w3c/html/commit/2502feb541063a3834f1ef07e2a23d0824d96914

https://github.com/w3c/html/commit/daaf6bc1e76365b6678a14b47954bcf9c5db54c6

The result is live at:

     http://www.w3.org/html/wg/drafts/html/master/templating.html

(plus a bunch of other places in the spec, notably the parsing chapter).

I made a number of editorial changes in order to align it with the spec,
so it could benefit from review.

Anne: Are you going to take care of this bit?

https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/webcomponents/raw-file/tip/spec/templates/index.html#node-clone-additions

Travis: Are you going to take care of this bit?

https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/webcomponents/raw-file/tip/spec/templates/index.html#innerhtml-on-templates

Rafael, Dimitri, Tony: I would appreciate if you could compare your
document with the integration with a fine tooth comb (using the diffs to
find where various parts ended up in the spec if needed) and check that
I didn't break anything.

Templates are a wicked cool brick, thanks!