Re: [screen-orient] why not provide at CSSOM API to CSS Device Adaptation instead?

> The innerWidth is showing how many CSS units you are seeing of the
contents inside the viewport

I agree. My point was that screen.width is measured in DIPs not CSS pixels,
and hence screen.width often returns different values from
window.innerWidth -- depending on zoom and viewport -- even though
screen.width and window.innerWidth are both measuring the same distance:
the width of the device.

> not device units

Indeed, nothing exposed to the web should be in device pixels (the very
existence of device pixels should only be detectable using the device pixel
ratio, which exposes the ratio between device pixels and DIPs, and things
like CSS4 image-set).