Re: [IndexedDB] request feedback on IDBKeyRange.inList([]) enhancement

On Jun 3, 2013, at 6:06 PM, Joshua Bell <jsbell@google.com> wrote:
> Cool, thanks for sharing!
>
> >  cursor:       329ms
> >  get:  88ms
>
> ^ Not surprising, given the async overhead
>
> >  get:  88ms
> >  getAll:       71ms
> >  inList:       44ms
>
> ^ Looking at the test, it seems like getAll is fetching all 500 records in the store whereas get and inList are fetching only 250? Am I misreading?

That is correct.  I put getAll() in as a reference point since the inList test is also using getAll().

I've also added a cursor+inList test to the repo.  It performs slightly better than the cursor test, but worse than get.  On this debug/profiling build (so not comparable to above):

cursor		489
inListCursor	415
get			277
getAll		135
inList		91

I'm going to spend more time in the profiler tomorrow to try to understand better where the differences are coming from.

Thanks.

Ben