Re: [webcomponents] Interaction of shadow DOM, imports, base URIs

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 10:57 AM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
>> 4) <your idea here>
>
> Have some hidden state that sets the base URI on nodes coming from imports
> and have cloning copy that state?  Like xml:base but without the mutability
> headaches, kinda, so maybe easier to get UAs to support.

I believe the XBL2 spec actually set an xml:base attribute on the
shadow roots. This of course only works if the root is an element...
If we keep them as DocumentFragments we could probably set some
internal state on the document fragment which affects the .baseURI
property of the DocumentFragment and is thus "inherited" into
descendants.

/ Jonas