Re: Overlap between StreamReader and FileReader

On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 5:58 PM, Takeshi Yoshino <tyoshino@google.com> wrote:
> StreamReader proposed in the Streams API spec is almost the same as
> FileReader. By adding the maxSize argument to the readAs methods (new
> methods or just add it to existing methods as an optional argument) and
> adding the readAsBlob method, FileReader can cover all what StreamReader
> provides. Has this already been discussed here?
>
> I heard that some people who had this concern discussed briefly and were
> worrying about derailing File API standardization.
>
> We're planning to implement it on Chromium/Blink shortly.

The Streams API
https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/streams-api/raw-file/tip/Overview.htm is no
good as far as I can tell. We need something else for IO. (See various
threads on this list by me.)

Alex will tell you the same so I doubt it'd get through Blink API review.

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/