Re: Blob URLs | autoRevoke, defaults, and resolutions

On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 5:57 PM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl> wrote:
> On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 5:45 PM, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc> wrote:
>> On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 4:28 PM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl> wrote:
>>> Okay. So that fails for XMLHttpRequest :-(
>>
>> What do you mean? Those are the steps we take for XHR requests too.
>
> So e.g. open() needs to do URL parsing (per XHR spec), send() would
> cause CSP to fail (per CSP spec), send() also does the fetch (per XHR
> spec). Overall it seems like a different model from the other APIs,
> but maybe I'm missing something?

The only thing that's different about XHR is that the first step in my
list lives in one function, and the other steps live in another
function. Doesn't seem to have any effect on the discussions here
other than that we'd need to define which of the two functions does
the step which grabs a reference to the Blob.

/ Jonas