Re: [Shadow DOM] Simplifying level 1 of Shadow DOM

>> Note that the interesting restriction isn't that it "shouldn't regress performance
for the web-at-large".

No argument, but afaict, the implication of R. Niwa's statement was was in
fact that there was a penalty for these features merely existing.

>> The restriction is that it "shouldn't be slow when there is heavy usage
of Shadow DOM on the page".

Again, no argument. But as a developer happily coding away against Canary's
Shadow DOM implementation, it's hard for me to accept the the prima facie
case that it must be simplified to achieve this goal.

Scott

P.S. No footguns!