Re: URL comparison

+ the public-nextweb list...

On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 9:00 AM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl> wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 28, 2013 at 12:56 PM, Brian Kardell <bkardell@gmail.com> wrote:
>> We created a prollyfill for this about a year ago (called :-link-local
>> instead of :local-link for forward compatibility):
>>
>> http://hitchjs.wordpress.com/2012/05/18/content-based-css-link/
>
> Cool!
>

>> If you can specify the workings, we (public-nextweb community group) can rev
>> the prollyfill, help create tests, collect feedback, etc so that when it
>> comes time for implementation and rec there are few surprises.
>
> Did you get any feedback thus far about desired functionality,
> problems that are difficult to overcome, ..?
>

> --
> http://annevankesteren.nl/

We have not uncovered much on this one other than that the few people
who commented were confused by what it meant - but we didn't really
make a huge effort to push it out there... By comparison to some
others it isn't a very 'exciting' fill (our :has() for example had
lots of comment as did our mathematical attribute selectors) - but we
definitely can.  I'd like to open it up to these groups where/how you
think might be an effective means of collecting necessary data -
should we ask people to contribute comments to the list? set up a git
project where people can pull/create issues, register tests/track fork
suggestions, etc?  Most of our stuff for collecting information has
been admittedly all over the place (twitter, HN, reddit, blog
comments, etc), but this predates the nextweb group and larger
coordination, so I'm *very happy* if we can begin to change that.