Re: [webcomponents] self-documenting component.html files

On 4/5/13 2:57 PM, Mike Kamermans wrote:
> The getter/setter incur virtually no overhead, being baked into JS at the
> lowest possible level, compared to mutation observers, which are rather
> heavy hitting things for notifying non-owner objects of changes.

For what it's worth, I welcome actual performance data on this.  ;)

But in any case, you can't easily observe nodes being added to an
element via the innerHTML setter using defineProperty, because someone
could grab that setter from some other node (in some other document,
even!) and then .call() it.

-Boris