Re: fixing appcache...

Hi Chaals,

On 24/03/2013 01:33 , Charles McCathie Nevile wrote:
> 2. Bundles.
> Sometimes we need to load several resources (js/css/json/...) before we
> can actually show something to user. Like a dialog, or another complex
> control. Or if it's a single page application before change "page".
> Again, it's often faster to make one request than several, but it would
> be even faster if we could then cache them separately:
> HttpCache.store(url1, content1);
> HttpCache.store(url2, content2);
> So that later we can use the files as usual (<script>, <link>...).

Most of what you list can be handled by NavCon, but I was wondering
about this specific case.

Do you believe that this would be helped by having some form of simple
packaging system that's addressable à la JAR? Basically you'd have one
Zip archive containing your dependencies, and load them with <script
src='/wrapped-content.zip!/foo.js'> and friends.

There are a few slightly tricky bits to handle, but nothing
insurmountable. This sort of stuff has been a small blip on the radar
for essentially ever but if there's enough implementer interest it could
be brought alive.