Re: [shadow-dom] text-decoration

From: Jens O. Meiert <jens@meiert.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2012 21:01:09 -0800
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Cc: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
Thanks for clarifying.

Can you help me explain the disconnect that I’m seeing in how the
draft is clear?

All it says is:

> 6.2 text-decoration Property
>
> The text decorations, specified by the text-decoration property must not
> be propagated from shadow hosts to shadow trees.

That’s literally it—there are no other occurrences of the word
“text-decoration” in the whole draft, if you don’t count the TOC entry
pointing to said section.

Are you referring to another draft that is more clear, should I have
expected an explanation in the Shadow DOM one, for example
(admittedly, I didn’t look there)? Just asking as I’d like to
understand, and to gauge whether there is need to make this more clear
for other readers too.

--
Jens O. Meiert
http://meiert.com/en/