Re: [ambient light events LC] Feedback

On 12/18/12 11:23 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> Anne pointed out in IRC that, when all the other values are strings,
> it is somewhat more convenient to have the "no value" value be a
> string as well, and the empty string is the obvious choice for that
> role.

Convenient for whom?

For the dictionary case, there is no extra convenience to it, in my
opinion, over just having a null value allowed.

For the LightLevelEventInit case, if we need to be able to represent "no
value" in that interface, then I agree that "" is probably the way to go
there, since it means that JS can just operate on the value as a string
without having to worry about the "no value" case.

Note that if desired you could till have the dictionary allow a nullable
value so null/undefined work, and specify in prose that those are turned
into the "no value" value of "" or whatever.  It seems to me this would
be more JS-friendly.

-Boris