Re: [XHR] Need to define the behavior when the Window the XHR is created from does not have an associated document

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 13:59:31 -0500
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
CC: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, Jungkee Song <jungkee.song@samsung.com>, public-webapps@w3.org
> It seems to depend on whether or not the old Window object still has
> an associated document. If it still points to the active document the
> above "would work". If it points nowhere the above cannot work

Well.  It depends on whether we want to use the old Window or the new
one, for one thing....

What do UAs do right now?  Until pretty recently, Gecko used the
currently active Window in the browsing context, assuming it was
same-origin with the Window the constructor came from.  At this point we
use the Window the constructor came from, but it's been causing some
problems; hence this thread.

-Boris