Re: [XHR] Need to define the behavior when the Window the XHR is created from does not have an associated document

On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 6:40 PM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
> Which other case?  The document.open() one?  In that case, there is no
> problem with the document per se; the only question is whether the XHR has
> an associated document object at all in that case...  and per spec not
> having one does NOT cause open() to throw.

So you're saying that while there is an old Window object that the
XMLHttpRequest interface object is on, it no longer has an associated
Document object? I thought there was a 1:1 mapping. That would mean
http://xhr.spec.whatwg.org/#dom-xmlhttprequest is bogus. If a Window
object potentially has a Document object given this edge case I
suppose what I would propose is that when it does not have one, XHR's
document is set to null, and we throw for xhr.open().

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/