Re: [admin] XHR ED Boilerplate

From: Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2012 14:54:04 -0700
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Cc: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>, public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 2:22 PM, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:

> What I don't really understand, though, is why any of this is needed at
> all. What value is the W3C adding by creating these forks?

The problem as I see it is that the WHATWG documents are "living documents"
and never final per se.

If the WHATWG documents were published (by WHATWG) as fixed snapshots
during their lifecycle, then perhaps it wouldn't be necessary for the W3C
to create snapshots.

For business and legal purposes, it is often a requirement to have such
snapshots that are known to never change.