Re: Re: CfC: publish WD of XHR; deadline November 29

From: Hallvord Reiar Michaelsen Steen <hallvord@opera.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2012 18:22:35 +0100
To: "Adam Barth" <w3c@adambarth.com>, "Glenn Adams" <glenn@skynav.com>
Cc: "WebApps WG" <public-webapps@w3.org>, Ms2ger <ms2ger@gmail.com>

> I would think that listing Anne as Editor or Former Editor and
> listing Anne in an Acknowledgments paragraph should be entirely
> consistent with all existing W3C practice.
But it's not consistent with that existing W3C practice to get all the text for a spec from a document edited outside the WG. Hence, it's a fair suggestion that we have a new look at how authors and editors are credited.

(Of course the current W3C-editors also intend to contribute whatever we can to the spec, test suite and process, and I think this discussion risks manufacturing a conflict that doesn't really exist.)

--
Hallvord R. M. Steen
Core tester, Opera Software