Re: [admin] Publication Rules [Was Re: Call for Consensus: CORS to Candidate Recommendation]

Unless I've missed it, I don't believe the #PubRules provides guidelines on
what documents are referenced by a spec and whether the reference is
normative or non-normative. If I'm wrong, please point out the policy or
pubrules text that addresses this issue.

Just to be clear, I don't object to including a non-normative reference to
the WHATWG variant specification; however, if it is to be a normative
reference, I'd like to insist it be the official W3C document that is
referenced.