Re: Feedback and questions on shadow DOM and web components

Brian Kardell :: @bkardell :: hitchjs.com
On Nov 13, 2012 9:34 AM, "Angelina Fabbro" <angelinafabbro@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello public-webapps,
>
> I'm Angelina, and I've been very interested in shadow DOM and web
components for some time now. So much so that I've tried to teach people
about them several times. There's a video from JSConfEU floating around on
Youtube if you're interested . I think I managed to get the important parts
right despite my nerves. I've given this sort of talk four times now, and
as a result I've collected some feedback and questions from the developers
I've talked to.

> 1. It looks like from the spec and the code in Glazkov's polyfill that if
I add and remove the 'is' attribute, the shadow tree should apply/unapply
itself to the host element.

Two things: 1. Added in markup or dynamically?  The draft says it can't be
added dynamically just in case...  2.  The draft itself is a little unclear
on "is".  Early in the text, the reference was changed to say that these
will be custom tags, in other words <x-map> instead of <select
is="x-map">.  Mozilla's x-tags is currently operating under that assumption
as well.

> I've not found this to be the case. See my examples for 2. below - I
tried applying and unapplying the 'is' attribute to remix the unordered
list using a template without success.