Re: Making offline apps easier?

From: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 23:04:34 +0000 (UTC)
To: Charles McCathie Nevile <chaals@yandex-team.ru>
cc: public-webapps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>
On Mon, 12 Nov 2012, Charles McCathie Nevile wrote:

> 1. Appcache.
> Yeah, we know. But if nobody makes a proposal, nothing will get better.
> (There is also a "fixing-appcache" community group taht might come here
> with proposals).

There are already several proposals, and they are already making their way
through to the spec. If anyone has any use cases that they haven't filed
as bugs on the WHATWG spec or e-mailed the WHATWG list, please don't
hesitate to do so, so that they can be considered. It's use cases that are
needed, not proposals, to make additional progress here beyond what will
happen already given the currently-filed bugs.