Re: Two years on and still no sensible web storage solutions exist

On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 3:49 PM, Kyle Huey <me@kylehuey.com> wrote:

> Er, IndexedDB should handle ArrayBuffers just fine.  If you're seeing
> problems with that that's an implementation bug, not a case that the spec
> failed to handle.

You're right it does, I just checked. Nevertheless there are some issues.

This testsite: http://codeflow.org/issues/indexeddb.html
Putting 50mb takes between 2.5 to 8 seconds. Getting it between 2 to 4
seconds.
Putting 100mb doesn't work in Chrome at all and throws an exception on the
put after half a second.

For comparison, in python:
Writing 50mb takes between 40-80ms. Reading takes around 50ms.