RE: full screen api

> If you're going to argue that people won't pay attention to an approval prompt shown after entering fullscreen, then the same argument also applies to showing the approval UI before entering fullscreen.

Yes, except if you don’t go full screen they can’t make it look like your browser has navigated to your bank.  So that is much better.

It isn’t enough that some implementers can do something safe.  The spec shouldn’t let it be the case that an app can go full screen and imitate the Browser to fool the user about where they are.

> If permission must be requested before entering fullscreen there's no way for script to distinguish between the case of the user
> being about to approve/deny the permisison request, or the user having ignored the permission request. So it's harder for script to know whether/when it should take its fallback path.

If the user denies the request, I’d think the fullscreenerror would get fired so the script would know it isn’t going full screen.  The also would have never gotten the full screen changed event.  So it knows if the user said yes or not.