Re: CfC: publish FPWD of Push API; deadline October 12

On 10/5/12 7:38 AM, ext Arthur Barstow wrote:
> The Push API Editors would like to publish a First Public Working
> Draft of their spec and this is a Call for Consensus to do so, using
> the following spec as the basis
> <http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/push/raw-file/default/index.html>.
>
> This CfC satisfies the group's requirement to "record the group's
> decision to request advancement".
>
> By publishing this FPWD, the group sends a signal to the community to
> begin reviewing the document. The FPWD reflects where the group is on
> this spec at the time of publication; it does _not_ necessarily mean
> there is consensus on the spec's contents.
>
> If you have any comments or concerns about this CfC, please reply to
> this e-mail by October 12 at the latest. Positive response is
> preferred and encouraged and silence will be considered as agreement
> with the proposal.

Although there were no objections to this CfC, Jonas raised a number of
concerns in
<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2012OctDec/0042.html>.
Although we will have an opportunity to discuss these comments in Lyon,
I would like the spec Editors to add an "Issue Block" in the Security
and Privacy concerns section and include a link to Jonas' comment.

Bryan, Eduardo - I will contact you off-list about preparing the spec
for FPWD. (See <http://www.w3.org/wiki/Webapps/SpecEditing> if you are
unfamiliar with the W3C's TR publication process.)

-Thanks, AB