Re: Defenses against phishing via the fullscreen api (was Re: full screen api)

On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 12:54 AM, Chris Pearce <cpearce@mozilla.com> wrote:

> I support making the spec general enough that implementors can chose their
> security features based on their requirements; what's appropriate for a
> desktop browser may not be appropriate for a tablet, for example.

An implementation, all implementations, should adhere to guaranteed modes
of behavior. Supporting a zoo of varying behaviors for the same
API/specification which cover the entire range from entirely unusable to
well usable makes supporting a given API really difficult for application
developers.