Re: IndexedDB: undefined parameters

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2012 18:11:19 -0400
To: Robert Ginda <rginda@chromium.org>
CC: Alec Flett <alecflett@chromium.org>, public-webapps@w3.org
On 10/9/12 6:04 PM, Robert Ginda wrote:
> But I never, ever use the symbol-known-as
> "undefined" in script, since it's actually a write-able variable.

For what it's worth, it's not anymore.  It used to be, but current ES
makes it a readonly non-configurable property of the global.  Not sure
to what extent UAs have caught up with the spec on that.

Of course in cases like this:

   function foo(undefined) {
     // Code using "undefined" here loses
   }

you still have a problem....

> I'd suggest also treating null as missing if possible.

In general, or for the specific IDB case?

-Boris