Re: [XHR]

From: (wrong string) ƁopuszaƄski <qbolec@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2012 17:32:47 +0200
To: Glenn Maynard <glenn@zewt.org>
Cc: "Hallvord R. M. Steen" <hallvord@opera.com>, public-webapps@w3.org
2012/10/8 Glenn Maynard <glenn@zewt.org>

> Replacing the delay with an alert() dialog, and pointing the fetch at a
> 1MB file, I can't reproduce this.  Each readystatechange has the correct
> readyState value at the time: only a single event sees each of OPENED,
> HEADERS_RECEIVED and DONE, and (in my particular case) about 16 LOADING
> events.  This is what the spec requires.

Inspired by you, I reproduced the bug by simply changing "debugger" to
"alert(1)", but without changing where the url points to, so it still
points to something that returns immediately.
I hope that an example with "alert(1)" will be treaded more seriously than
the one with "debugger".

I believe that the reason you could not reproduce it was that 1MB file
takes a while to process.