Re: [quota-api] API change suggestions

From: Alexandre Morgaut <Alexandre.Morgaut@4d.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2012 14:02:48 +0200
To: "public-webapps@w3.org" <public-webapps@w3.org>
I think the StorageQuotaInfo interface makes sense.

Another change I would suggest is to make this API also usable synchronously

1) It would be more consistent with other APIs providing both interfaces like XHR, FileReader, FileSystem, IndexedDB, Web SQL,

2) As some of the mentioned APIs explain, synchronous JS code is non-blocking in Web Workers, and it clearly simplify the code and the debugging

3) As we will probably implement it on server-side in Wakanda, we would provide both a synchronous and asynchronous API (Wakanda allows both modes)

Alexandre Morgaut
Wakanda Community Manager

4D SAS
60, rue d'Alsace