Re: [IndexedDB] blocked event could be an error

From: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 09:31:45 -0700
To: Joćo Eiras <joaoe@opera.com>
Cc: public-webapps@w3.org
On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 6:47 AM, Joćo Eiras <joaoe@opera.com> wrote:

>>>       http://odinho.html5.org/IndexedDB/spec/Overview.html
>>

>> Like I said, I think it's too late to make such a big change. I
>> believe it's much too late to make such a change in IE10, and we have
>> been shipping Firefox with the current behavior for quite a while now
>> (and are about to unprefix with our current behavior).
>>
>> / Jonas
>

> Sorry but it is not late. It's actually quite early and the right time.

I don't know by what measure it's "quite early" or "the right time".
We've passed Last Call, there are 3 shipping implementations, all of
which have considered their implementation complete enough to switch
from prefixed implementations to unprefixed ones. They all implement
the behavior that you are proposing to change.

At least the Amazon cloud reader uses IndexedDB. I've started
receiving enough questions about IDB that I would imagine that there
are more websites deployed which uses it.

/ Jonas