Re: [XHR] chunked

From: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 09:23:02 -0700
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Cc: Wenbo Zhu <wenboz@google.com>, Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>, public-webapps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>
On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 6:27 AM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 11:48 AM, Wenbo Zhu <wenboz@google.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 2:34 AM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl> wrote:
>>> Can I take this as Chrome being interested in implementing the chunked
>>> proposal as well?
>>
>> Will have to get back to you on this, since I am mostly working on
>> servers and HTTP/application protocols.
>
> Still trying to figure out what to do here. Any other XMLHttpRequest
> implementors hoping to implement this feature? Has it been adopted by
> developers?

I know pdf.js uses this in order to implement incremental rendering of
pdf files.

I do somewhat agree that if we had a full "stream" solution in the
form of a Stream primitive and .responseType="stream", then a better
solution might be to use that in combination with having chunked
delivery on the Stream class instead.

/ Jonas