Re: [quota-api] API change suggestions

From: Charles McCathie Nevile <chaals@yandex-team.ru>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 10:06:16 -0400
Cc: "public-webapps@w3.org" <public-webapps@w3.org>
To: "Tobie Langel" <tobie@fb.com>, "Kinuko Yasuda" <kinuko@chromium.org>
On Tue, 11 Sep 2012 06:29:07 -0400, Kinuko Yasuda <kinuko@chromium.org>
wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 6:43 PM, Tobie Langel <tobie@fb.com> wrote:
>> On 9/11/12 11:13 AM, "Kinuko Yasuda" <kinuko@chromium.org> wrote:
>>
>>> I think I like this idea, but I'm also concerned with the fact that
>>> Chromium has been shipping Quota API some time now and there're some
>>> consumers of the old API.

But if they are going to have to changed from a prefixed API anyway it
should not be a big issue for them to change for real. (Otherwise we're
back in the situation where prefixing isn't going to work and was a bad
idea).

On the other hand, I can live with horrible but readily comprehensible
names - and the older I get the happier I am to put up with them (or use
some library that suits me, while others find their own path to happiness).

(I don't have any constructive opinion yet on the actual construction of
the shed...)

cheers