Re: [FileAPI] Blob constructor should probably take a sequence, not an IDL array object

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 07:07:03 +0200
To: Arun Ranganathan <arun@mozilla.com>
CC: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>, Glenn Maynard <glenn@zewt.org>, public-webapps@w3.org
Arun Ranganathan:
> I've pinged heycam to see if this is a proper use of the sequence type.  I'm not sure it allows for such a variation in parameters.

I agree with Boris, it makes sense to use sequence<> here.  Whenever you
just want to take a list of values in an operation argument, and you
don't want to keep a reference to a platform array object, you should
use a sequence<>.

But I also agree with Glenn that if you did use T[], and the
implementation knows that it will never use the temporary platform array
object that gets created when converting the (for example) JS Array
object, it should be able to skip the actual platform array object creation.