Automatic DOM transactions in UndoManager

From: Sukolsak Sakshuwong <sukolsak@google.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2012 18:03:01 -0700
To: public-webapps@w3.org
Should we be able to revert the following transaction?

<!DOCTYPE html>
<script>
var a = document.getElementById("a");

document.undoManager.transact({
	"executeAutomatic": function () {
		var b = document.createElement("div");
		b.appendChild(a);
	}
});

document.undoManager.undo();
</script>

Note that there are two DOM changes occurring inside the
executeAutomatic function:
1. "a" is removed from its parent.
2. "a" is added as a child of "b".

Only the first DOM change is recorded. The second DOM change is not
recorded because "b" is not a descendant of the undo scope host, which
is the document in this case.

Therefore, only the first DOM change will be reverted. However,
according to the spec
(http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/undomanager/raw-file/tip/undomanager.html#reverting-dom-changes),
we can't revert it because a's parent is not null. Thus, "a" will not
be added back to the document.