Re: Drawing Tablets

On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 8:09 AM, Charles Pritchard <chuck@jumis.com> wrote:

> Touch events v2 has some properties, such as pressure

Although lacking most other properties (Z, tilt, rotation etc.)

> InkML covers the full serialization of captured data.

It looked fairly complete, though I was missing the pen type/ID property.
Also it's not clear to me how this would map to JS events required when
using the pen input for things like WebGL.

> The Gamepad API is the closest implementation in browsers (Chrome)

There's a few extra challenges like correlating inputs (X/Y) and usually
you'll want some capture mode (exclusive to area or mouse emulation)
switch, which the gamepad API does not cover afaik.

> and Wacom's Air implementation one of the closest in an HTML environment.

You mean Adobe Air?