IndexedDB and RegEx search

From: Michael Brooks <firealwaysworks@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 11:17:56 -0700
To: public-webapps@w3.org
I like IndexedDB and non-relational databases.  One feature that is very
useful is the ability to search by regular expression:
http://www.mongodb.org/display/DOCS/Advanced+Queries#AdvancedQueries-RegularExpressions

By not having this feature,  I can't port my application to IndexedDB from
WebSQL because it relies upon LIKE statements for text search.  Text search
could easily be replaced by a RegEx search,  however this feature is
unfortunately not apart of IndexedDB.  It seems like this feature was just
forgotten when writing the spec of IndexedDB.

--Mike