Re: [gamepad] Polling access point

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 6:10 PM, Scott Graham <scottmg@chromium.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 5:44 PM, Adam Barth <w3c@adambarth.com> wrote:
>
>> What triggers us to stop polling the gamepad?  When the object returned
>> by getGamepads() gets garbage collected?
>

> Currently, when the renderer goes away (or more specifically, when all
> renderers that are using the gamepad api go away).

Sorry, just realized I probably misinterpreted "us".

There's no particular indication at the spec level to indicate stopping the
gamepad polling, based on the assumption that it's an implementation
detail. Maybe there should be some way for content to hint that though?

I guess an implementation could timeout and shutdown background resources
if the content does not request data for some amount of time too.