[webcomponents] Progress Update

From: Dimitri Glazkov <dglazkov@google.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 10:43:18 -0700
To: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
Here's yet another series of updates around Web Components:

* X-Tag, a library from Mozilla (the closest thing we have today to a
custom DOM elements polyfill) is doing well and enjoying warm
reception across the interwebs: http://mozilla.github.com/x-tag/

* Alex Komoroske and I did a talk on Web Components at Google I/O:
http://youtu.be/2txPYQOWBtg
It was received well overall. Notice, that we used custom tags rather
than "is" attribute approach to explain custom elements, primarily to
avoid expectations mismatch with X-Tag, which we suggested as a way to
try things out early.

* The talk spurred some really interesting new ideas. By far the most
comprehensive was the blog post by Quick UI folks:
http://blog.quickui.org/2012/07/02/web-component-properties/. I highly
recommend reading it.

* There is some really interesting research being done by Adobe
engineers at the intersection of CSS Regions and Shadow DOM:
http://blogs.adobe.com/webplatform/2012/06/25/working-with-css-regions-and-shadow-dom/

:DG<