Re: CfC: publish Candidate Recommendation of Web Sockets API; deadline July 18

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 15:44:15 +0200
To: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>
CC: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>, Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
On 2012-07-11 15:11, Arthur Barstow wrote:
> Yesterday Hixie closed several of the Web Sockets bugs mentioned in the
> e-mail below and he updated others. I think this now provides a basis to
> determine if we have consensus to publish a Candidate Recommendation. As
> such, this is a Call for Consensus to publish a Candidate Recommendation
> of Web Sockets.
>
> I propose the CR be based on the May 24 LC [1] plus include:
>
> 1. The editorial patch for 17224 [2]
>
> 2. The patch [3] to remove the TreatNonCallableAsNull qualifier for some
> attributes. If anyone considers this change as substantive, please speak
> up. Cameron - what's your opinion on this?
>
> Additionally:
>
> * 12510 - as Hixie indicated in the bug, if anyone is willing to create
> a patch, please contact Hixie privately and please let me know of your
> intent

I'll re-state that the current spec is under defined, and should not be
published.

As far as I can tell, the W3C team will have to tune some parts of the
spec anyway, so why not also insert the missing links?

(If the answer to that is: "too much work" then why do you consider that
it's not a problem for the *audience* of the spec?)

Best regards, Julian