Re: [DOM4] NodeList should be deprecated

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 09:29:48 +0100
To: "Rick Waldron" <waldron.rick@gmail.com>
Cc: "Adam Klein" <adamk@chromium.org>, "WebApps WG" <public-webapps@w3.org>, "Erik Arvidsson" <arv@chromium.org>, "Ryosuke Niwa" <rniwa@chromium.org>, "Ojan Vafai" <ojan@chromium.org>
On Mon, 12 Mar 2012 21:06:00 +0100, Rick Waldron <waldron.rick@gmail.com>
wrote:
> On Mar 12, 2012, at 3:06 PM, "Anne van Kesteren" <annevk@opera.com>
> wrote:
>> On Mon, 12 Mar 2012 19:07:31 +0100, Rick Waldron
>> <waldron.rick@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> The NodeList item() method is a blocker.
>>
>> Blocker in what way?
>
> As I've always understood it - the item() method is what differentiates
> NodeList from Array and blocks it from being "just an array".
>
> Is this incorrect?

I think there is more, such as arrays being mutable, but the suggestion
was to change two accessors from mutation observers to return platform
array objects rather than NodeLists, which is a change we can still make
given that mutation observers is not widely deployed yet.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/