Re: [FileAPI] Deterministic release of Blob proposal

On 3/7/12 3:56 PM, Feras Moussa wrote:
>> Then let's try this again.
>>
>> var a = new Image();
>> a.onerror = function() { console.log("Oh no, my parent was neutered!"); }; a.src = URL.createObjectURL(blob); blob.close();
>>
>> Is that error going to hit?
> until it has been revoked, so in your example onerror would not be hit
> due to calling close.
>> var a = new Worker('#');
>> a.postMessage(blob);
>> blob.close();
> The above would work as expected.

Well that all makes sense; so speaking for myself, I'm still confused
about this one thing:

>>  xhr.send(blob);
>>  blob.close(); // method name TBD

>  In our implementation, this case would fail. We think this is reasonable because the

So you want this to be a situation where we monitor progress events of
XHR before releasing the blob?
It seems feasible to monitor the upload progress, but it is a little
awkward.

-Charles